Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today



I was jogging on the treadmill today and came to the conclusion that I was going to be open about my love life.  I can be open about this now because 6 months has passed.  During my undergrad...I met a boy, fell in love, and got engaged to him.  We had that best friend type of relationship considering I dated him for 3 years prior to our engagement. We both came from wonderful families and we just knew our lives together were going to be filled with happiness until. . .our personal values weren't matching up anymore.  I am not going to go into detail about it but the mistake that we made was "rushing" our relationship.  I was 22 and he was 19 years old.  So we came to the conclusion to cancel our engagement.
                                                                 I was devastated.

We decided to cut off all ties and that hurt even more.  Even though it hurt, I actually think it was beneficial at the same time to not communicate anymore so he could find himself and work on his personal development.  I can't even express or explain the feeling of losing someone you thought you were going to marry on this blog.  So I'm not going to! This all ended in July 2012 and it is now January 8th, 2013.  It's a new year ladies and gentlemen.  
                                                                  Moving On...

I wanted to be open about this chapter in my life to be an example to those who are considering marriage.  It is extremely important to go to counselling! It will help you realize each other's personal values before you decide to say "I do" to that person.  Romans 12: 9-21  is a verse that I believe is extremely important when it comes to marriage. 

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

My favorite part of this verse is: Honor one another above yourselves.  It goes along with the personal values that I mentioned earlier.  All relationships have their ups and downs..I get it.  Just don't ignore the side effects if there noticeable.  I am glad I can be open about this topic now and I am enjoying this peaceful transition that I am currently in.  I know God is still molding and shaping my husband for me.  Until then I will acknowledge the Lord in all my ways and he will make my paths straight. Kbye! 
                                                                       

                                                               

2 comments:

  1. A song comes to me "Keeping on making a way, over and over again! I will ever sing your praise, Glory to your name, Keep on making a way for me" He always makes a way! A heartbreak always heals... in due time

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love, dolls!